Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mexican Chicken Soup

Yum, oh, Yum! This soup was declared the best soup I ever made last night at dinner. There were seconds served up and leftovers tucked away for lunches. My chaplain wife friend Jill gave me the recipe and I think she had tweaked it some and then I tweaked it a little too.


Mexican Chicken Soup

4 cups shredded chicken

1 carton chicken stock

15 oz. can tomato sauce

taco seasoning (I make my own)

2 cans pinto beans

2 cans black beans

1 jar medium pace picante sauce

Throw it all together and let simmer for an hour or put it in the crockpot all day long. Serve with cheese quesadillas and apple slices for a well balanced meal.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! What is your Taco Seasoning recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Holly! I need to look around for my exact recipe but I normally just throw spices in. Lots of chili powder, then cumin, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder and a sprinkle of salt. It tastes just like it without the sodium and possible MSG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe...we loved it! I just shared it on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete