Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Caramel Dip



I want to share a favorite recipe with you that a friend gave me when we lived in Kentucky. But before I do, you have to make me a promise. Please, please, pretty please don't think less of me when I share this recipe with you. It's bad for you. Like really bad for you. It's perplexing for me how something so good can be so bad for you. Here goes...
  
 Melt a stick of butter in a small sauce pan.


Add two cups of dark brown sugar to the pan and let dissolve.


Stay with me here....add one cup of corn syrup. (spray the measuring cup first)


I'm afraid to say it but you have to add sweetened condensed milk. A can of it to be exact.

Heat it over medium heat for a few minutes until it looks well mixed and smooth. Right after removing from heat, stir in a teaspoon of vanilla. 
Stir and enjoy with apples. At least you should leave the peel on the apples to get some nutrition in this dessert. 
Store leftovers in fridge. I love to stir a spoonful in my apple cider. This dip tastes so much better than the plasticky caramels that you melt.

Let's recap.
1 stick butter
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed millk
1 tsp. vanilla
Medium high heat. 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Your right...this is very bad for you, but it sure does look good. I especially love the idea of adding a little to apple cider!!

    ReplyDelete