Monday, November 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

We had a delicious week last week. Our favorite meal was the Mongolian beef. I used sucanat instead of real sugar and reduced the sugar almost in half. Look at that scrumptious picture. Who needs take out?!
We really enjoyed Amy's green chili enchiladas too. I substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream. It adds protein and reduces the fat significantly. Yesterday, we came home to the spaghetti being cooked to perfection! Cooking noodles in the crock pot worked! I cooked it on low for 3 1/2 hours instead of the 1 1/2 like it suggested due to the fact that we attend Sunday school and church.


Here's what this week looks like:

Monday- Leftovers

Tuesday- Baked Southwestern eggs rolls and taco salad

Wednesday- Lunch for the soldiers: Baked Ziti with salad, cookies
Dinner for small group at our house: Baked Ziti, veggie pasta bake, salad, yummy rolls, cola cake

Thursday- Southern Corn Chowder with leftover rolls,  spinach strawberry salad

Friday- Parmesan Tilapia, lemon parmesan angel hair pasta, asparagus

Saturday- Red beans and rice, fruit salad

Sunday- Eggs, bacon and biscuits

Extras- Favorite Granola, homemade lara bars

Go visit org junkie for more great menus!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a tasty week! I'd like to request the recipe for the baked Southwestern egg rolls, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    Are you going to Luke's wedding? Kibbie, Jeff, and I are. We would like to come see you on the way from Little Rock to San Antonio. Also, I wanted to tell you about Scott and Jenny's recent adoption of a baby boy. I don't know if I have a recent phone number for you. Could you call me? 606-546-9796 or 606-627-9796.
    Thanks. Ponnee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds delicious this week! The Mongolian beef looks so much better than take out...I will have to try it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete