Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Favorite Granola

My husband runs several miles each morning. Afterwards he is starving and cannot come home for breakfast since we live too far away. So each week I buy a large tub of Greek yogurt and make parfaits. The best part of a parfait is always granola. Right?! Here's a recipe that we love. After trying numerous recipes my recipe morphed into this.....
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup pecans
1/8 cup of coconut oil melted
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
A dash of vanilla
Sprinkle of flax seed
Mix wet ingredients and stir in dry ingredients. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread granola in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes @ 300 degrees. Stir and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until done.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Intentional Womanhood and taking the time to leave a comment.

    Your blog is so cute! Making homemade granola is on my list of things to do. Especially since I'm trying to get my family to eat more real food. This recipe sounds like a good place to start. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted this recipe - I need a good granola recipe! I have been eating raw granola lately - just mixing the oats, nuts, cinnamon, and raisins or chocolate chips into the yogurt. Not as good as baked granola, but still pretty tasty if you are in a hurry and don't have any baked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica - THANKS for stopping by and leaving a comment on my Reformation Day post. :) I've never been a fan of Halloween, and ever since we joined a Reformed church, we've been celebrating Reformation Day. Such a thrill to embrace our Christian heritage! Many blessings to you and yours, ~Lisa :)

    PS: We're a granola family, too, and also enjoy making our own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here visiting from WLWW :) I make my own Homemade Greek Yogurt and this Granola would go great with it!!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete