Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Healthier Fruit Pizza

There are some sweets that I have a love/hate relationship with. I love the way they taste. The way they smell. The way they satisfy my sweet tooth. But then there's the hate part. I get an extreme sugar high which leaves me tired and lethargic feeling. The taste rarely outweighs that yucky feeling, and I hate that!

I served this tasty dessert last week at small group. It was pretty well received and satisfied our desire for something sweet after dinner. The leftovers were good in the fridge for the next few days too!


s


Sugar cookie dough
Slightly adapted from this recipe. I halved it and had to add some half and half in order to get the dough to form together well. I was having trouble with it being too crumbly. I would also melt the coconut oil before trying to form the dough. Press it into a pizza pan and bake.

Icing 

One 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
about 1/4 cup of honey (or to taste)
Mix these together and spread over the cooled crust

Garnish with fruit of your choosing and slice like a pizza.


I'm linking to Gratituesday,
                      Tempt My Tummy Tuesday,
                      Tasty Tuesday 
                     Finer Things Friday
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment