Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

I love showing hospitality by having friends over for meals. I think it's a great way to be Jesus to someone and it keeps us transparent by exposing how our family operates before, during and after mealtime. I have to be honest though, there are times it can be exhausting! Our small group has grown exploded! So it seems I just got the dishes done from last week and I'm already grocery shopping for this week's study. I'm certaintly not complaining, but I am tired this week.

It's times like this that meal planning is crucial! To let you in on a little secret, I actually planned out my whole month of January last month so our "food life" doesn't get affective by my tiredness this week. What a blessing menu planning can be!





Monday- Chicken noodles with Peanut Ginger sauce (I'm modifying it a bit to include brown rice noodles instead of linguine) In light of the Chinese New Year, we are also going to take time at meal time to pray for the persecuted church in China.

Tuesday- Post-Wide UMT gathering. We are supposed to bring football cookout food so we are bringing Turkey Italian Sausages grilled with onions and peppers.

Wednesday- Small group- Asian night- making Mongolian beef with rice and possibly chicken satay

Thursday- Leftovers or out to eat

Friday- UMT training retreat for the whole family!

Saturday- UMT training retreat for the whole family!

Sunday- Chili and cornbread with citrus fruit salad for dinner after we return



I'm linking to Org Junkie

3 comments:

  1. Your Mongolian Beef looks amazing!! I love your plan to 'celebrate' the Chinese New Year and pray for the persecuted church there! I'll have to remember that for next year!

    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I think it is so awesome how you show such hospitality to those around you by inviting them into your home for a meal each week. I know it has to be a ton of work, but God is touching lives through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. It does give me reason to clean my house every week. That has been a good thing! :)

      Delete