Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reading Classics

One of the things I have enjoyed the most about homeschooling is getting to chart our own course. While there are a lot of responsibilities that come with being in charge of my child's schooling, there are also tremendous privileges. This year, I am fulfilling my own secret desire of reading many classics.

I have the best mom that any child could have had. She is a reader! She would read anything we brought to her and she would do all the voices. The problem is that I was an unfocused child who lacked self discipline and I wasn't patient to endure an entire classic over a month or so. I feel out of place sometimes when people talk about classic story lines because I have simply never read most of them.

So this year, I've made a goal to read a classic to our daughter each month. We have celebrated with watching a movie version of it at the end. Even without the movie reward, our daughter has been so eager to read each page. She is clearly her father's child because she has such a long attention span.

What about you, have you read many classics? Any that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment