About My Heart for Home 

 A long time ago (12 years ago) in a country far away (Germany), I began to document our little life as a married couple. At the time it was just my husband and I and we were hopeful to build a family. I would write often about our travels, share recipes and the in and outs of our new life in ministry. Our lives became quite busy when in between deployments we adopted our first daughter and then shortly after added a sibling set of three more precious kids to the mix. To our great joy and surprise, we welcomed two more miracles just a year apart from each other through natural conception. Nearly seven years have passed since our family has last grown and many more years than that since I've shared the happenings within our home. 

To say my free time and hobbies have changed over the past few years is an accurate statement. I find much of my time immersed in family life. Some days this includes teaching high school algebra to my oldest, baking loaves and loaves of sourdough bread or creating opportunities for my girls to work on their badges for American Heritage Girls. I'm also finding joy in exercising, reading and finding new creative outlets. 

As many are quick to tell me, these moments with a full dinner table each night are fleeting. I hope to use this little space as a place to document our family life. The past twelve years have been such a joy to experience and I would love to capture the next twelve more so I can relish them in the years to come. 

I'm not entirely sure where this written record will lead me but I think you can expect some food content, reflections on homeschooling and motherhood and sharing about our many moves. I'm hopeful to improve my photography skills. I wouldn't mind if my writing skills become more polished also. Most of all, I would hope to encourage others in their marriages and parenting while capturing this time in our lives that I want to vividly remember these daystar in the future when all my kids are too big for my lap. 



Wherever I wander, Wherever I roam, I couldn't be fonder of my happy home. ~Author Unknown


Comments